Friday, August 8, 2008

Did You Know?


Did you know that there are new rules for marketing and public relations? Well, there are some! My boss, Jay Ehret, from The Marketing Spot recommended for me to read The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott.

David Meerman Scott explained in his book about the new rules and how things have changed in the marketing and public relations world. The best way to get customers is by building relationships with them without direct-selling our product or business. For example, customers tend to search for answers on the website to solve their problems. To provide an answer is the beginning of what is hopefully a long-lasting and profitable relationship. Scott also talked about the importance of and gave advice for websites, blogs, podcasts, videos and search engines. My favorite part of this book is that Scott listed the web addresses in footnotes as references. It allows the readers to look online for more information fast and easy.

I believe that this book was a great lesson for me. I just started my blog about two months ago, and it has been interesting. It seems to have gone really slowly since I have yet to network with other bloggers. I was not sure where to go or what topics to write about. I was pretty discouraged. Scott gave great advice to use for blogging. After reading his book, I felt more confident with my blog.

Read this book when you can!

2 comments:

David Meerman Scott said...

Glad you liked my book! Thanks for writing about it. Say "hey" to Jay.

Jessica Wicker said...

Thank you, David! I had a great time learning from your book. I am excited to network more through blogs.